Nightly Rate $149
Furnished cabin · wooded pasture · ride to trails
- Fully furnished Alaska Cabin: full kitchen and dining bar, living room with flatscreen tv, queen bed, bathroom with washer and dryer. Watch moose from your front porch!
- Wooded Pasture board for 1 horse. Electric fence, trees for shelter, does not share fence line with other horses. Max 2 horses, must be friends, as there is not a partition in the pasture. Owner responsible for all feeding/watering and manure removal.
- Farmstyle "you-cook" breakfast": Eggs, potatoes, fruit and vegetables from our organic farm, plus bacon or sausage, waffles, local coffee, organic loose-leaf teas. Can accommodate food allergies, intolerances, and dietary preferences.
- Set on a five acre organic farm: Pick your own vegetables and fruit in our guest garden, right out your front door.
- Explore hundreds of miles of wilderness outside your front door, beautiful riding trails.
- Centrally Located: 45 minutes from Anchorage, or go into Palmer (10 mins) for restaurants, shopping, and more.
- Stay with Wildlife Biologist: Hosts Jen and Chris, are wildlife biologists, and love to share their knowledge of Alaska's wildlife.
- Shop our Alaska Farm Boutique: Farm food, local artists, artisanal soaps, Alaskana gifts, and more. All made locally!
Each cabin features a u-shaped kitchen with full size appliances--everything you need to cook your bounty from Alaska. Both cabins have private bedrooms with queen beds and extra deep closets. Enjoy using the large bathroom and laundry facilities right there! Extra guests will be provided a raised air mattress for a cozy night's sleep. All windows have room darkening shades so all that extra light can be closed down when you are ready to call it a day. If you're looking to relax, the open dining/living areas feature full sized couches and 32" wall mount TV's with DVD players and don't forget about the covered 8' decks and picnic area to enjoy the stunning mountain views!
Riding Trails Ride 1 mile in either direction on a quiet road to access hundreds of trails in the Knik River Recreation Area or the Plumley/Maud/Lazy Mountain greenbelt. Ride along gorgeous wide rivers, spot Knik Glacier in the distance, or graze in some gorgeous wildflower meadows. A trail riders paradise!
You share a common area outside with a lawn, fire pit and amazing view of Pioneer Peak. If you are lucky a moose or two will mosey through once in a while. You have a private drive, curb-side parking and trash receptacle close by.
Interaction with Guests
Private. We are sometimes off exploring the delights of Alaska and physically not present. If we are here, and so are you, we enjoy sharing.
Privacy and abundant wildlife. Trail system, hiking the Butte, Reindeer Farm, hiking Lazy Mountain, visiting Alaska Raceway Park, Biking trail to Palmer on Old Glenn Hwy along the mighty Matanuska-Susitna River, and Jim Creek Recreational Area. There are endless things to do for the independent adventurist.
Possibly taxis but a rental is best. Two curb-side parking spots available for each cabin.
Other Things to Note
•We are pet friendly. WOOF! View our Pet Policy
• Pets on approval with $50 deposit + $20 per night fee