Centrally located, but in the wilderness! The best of both worlds.
Our address: 18175 E Walling Rd. Palmer, AK 99645
- 45 minutes to ANC
- 1 hour to Talkeetna
- 3.5 hours to Seward
- 4-5 hours to Denali
Directions from Anchorage:
- Head north out of Anchorage on the Glenn Highway. Follow this highway north for about 30 miles
- Exit off onto the Old Glenn Highway exit on your right. Turn right off of the exit.
- Go about 10 miles and turn right onto Sullivan
- At 1.7 miles, road curves sharply left, you are now on Caudhill,
- Continue on Caudhill for 0.3 miles.
- Turn right onto Walling
- Butte's Bethel driveway 0.1 miles on left.
- Stay straight down the driveway, the Moose cabin is first on left, the Bear cabin is second on left.
As for me, I prefer to travel by horse... Here I am riding our Tennessee Walking Horse, Samba, at the corner of Walling and Caudhill, headed to the Knik River trails at the foot of that mountain, Pioneer Peak.